The combination of an Ex p control unit, Ex p pressure monitors that simultaneously also function as overpressure valves, and Ex p purge valves with digital and proportional control is able to meet all requirements, from very small enclosures with a volume of 10 l to Ex p control cabinets with volumes of 4000 l. In this way, the Ex p controller makes control processes available for all control cabinet sizes and enables them to be adjusted easily to meet users' requirements. The use of a suitable number of a single Ex p pressure monitor variant reduces expenditure and work for both engineering and storage. The outstanding precision of the pressure sensors used also enables operation close to the pressure switch-off threshold, which keeps leakage to a minimum and enables extremely cost-effective continuous operation. The purge valve control, which is also integrated in the control unit, further simplifies the process in either digital or proportional mode.
- One design for all Ex zones
- Maximised plant availability thanks to improved airflow
- Space-saving thanks to miniaturised design and ability to mount components externally
- Wall thicknesses < 2 mm also possible thanks to minimised control cabinet pressurisation
- Optimised maintenance access thanks to Ex p bypass circuitry
- Flexible engineering thanks to modularity